Presenting your embroidery nicely can often be a bit tricky but with it being so beautiful, its a shame not to display it.If you have been into have a class with us recently you will have seen our range of classes displayed with the samples from them in our new display frames. The come in 3, 5 and 8 inch, sold as a set or individually so here is a little how to frame up in that style.
The frames have an inner hard plastic ring and an outer flexible plastic ring that ‘pops’ into place and holds your embroidery taught.
- Place your ironed embroidery over the hard ring.
- Starting from the bottom, ease the flexible ring over the top of the hard ring, holding the embroidery steady as you go.
- Turn over your frame and cut away any excess fabric so you are left with about 1cm excess
- Using a needle and thread with a double thread and knot at the end, stitch a generous running stitch around the edge, pulling tight as you go
- When you come to the make sure the stitching is pulled tight so that the excess gathers neatly and knot off again
- Get a nice hook on the wall because this beauty is ready for its close up.